The American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, founded in 1934, is a scientific association serving over 7,000 professional members around the world. Our mission is to advance knowledge and improve understanding of mapping sciences to promote the responsible applications of photogrammetry, remote sensing, GIS, and supporting geotechnologies. ASPRS members work as analysts, specialists, educators, engineers, managers, administrators, product developers, operators, technicians, marketers, scientists and researchers in the fields of Aerospace, Agriculture, Archeology, Biology, Cartography, Defense, Development, Ecology, Environment, Forestry, Geodesy, Geography, Geology, Homeland Security, Hydrology, Land Appraisal, Medicine, Real Estate, Transportation, Urban Planning and Water Resources. The Rocky Mountain Region serves ASPRS members in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico.
September 7, 2016 — Despite the downturn in the petroleum industry the past two years, companies “loyal” to the annual Rocky Mountain Rendezvous, hosted by the University of Wyoming in Laramie, still plan to attend seeking the high-quality students pursuing possible employment.
Students representing 55 universities across the nation are expected to attend, including those from UW.
The 15th annual Rocky Mountain Rendezvous (RMR) of Geoscience Students and Employers job fair is Friday, Sept. 23, and Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016 at the UW Conference Center and Hilton Garden Inn, and the Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center in Laramie.
Join us September 21 & 22 in Denver, Colorado for the best GIS in the Rockies to date – offering outstanding professional workshops and presentations, networking, exhibitors, Career Development Academy, social events and more.
2016 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
– EDUCATIONAL & ENTERTAINING EVENTS:
– GIS Scavenger Hunt
– National Geographic Giant Traveling Map
– Field Data Collection Tools Demo
– Advanced OpenStreetMap (mini workshop)*
– The National Map Corps (map-a-thon)*
* These events have limited space. If you wish to attend either, we suggest registering for it when you register for the conference.
– CAREER DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY – Interview Skills / Resume Building Workshop, Mock Interviews, Career Topic Roundtables, University & GIS Society Booths, etc.
– PRE-CONFERENCE PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS (TUE, 9/20) – Stay on top of ever-changing technology!
– OUTSTANDING CONFERENCE SOCIAL EVENT (WED, 9/21) – Networking, GISITR Geo Quiz, etc.
– POST-CONFERENCE TOURS (FRI, 9/23)
The Department of Economics & Geosciences at the Air Force Academy has funding to bring in a distinguished visiting professor in Geoscience for AY17-18. I’ve posted our ad below, and am hoping you can share this with colleagues throughout the U.S. Interested faculty should contact Lt Col Glen Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lt Col Carl Frohman (email@example.com) soon, as our deadline for submitting a nominee is in 2 weeks.